The cancer specialist in Kolkata treats people with cancerous growths of the larynx, pharynx, oral cavity, paranasal sinus, parotid gland, submandibular gland, ear, and skull. Using an innovative approach, the specialist provides professional care to patients with all types and stages of neck, head, and skull-base tumours.
Dr. Soumen Das has specialized expertise in head and neck surgery, endoscopic skull base surgery, organ preservation, microvascular surgery, minimally invasive techniques, speech therapy, and voice rehabilitation.
Treatment may include chemotherapy, surgery, radiation therapy, or a combination of therapies. Consultation for the treatment of tumours is a priority, and all the cases are discussed and managed by the most experienced cancer doctor in Kolkata. The treatment approach used depends on the growth and size of the tumour, as well as the needs and wishes of the patient. Comprehensive treatment programs are designed to provide a high level of care and improve performance.
Get the Most Advanced Treatment
The head and neck cancer surgery in Kolkata is tailored to meet the needs of each patient.
Dr. Das offers:
- State-of-the-art surgical approaches to reduce scarring and enhance the appearance while improving functional outcomes
- Endoscopy of the paranasal sinus, nose, larynx, pharynx and the base of the skull
- Reconstructive surgery, which includes free tissue transfer, functional and cosmetic reconstructive services, as well as dental rehabilitation
- Specialists in nutrition, speech pathology, and mental health will provide follow-up care as and when needed
What are the Treatment Options
The oncologist in Kolkata uses the following treatment approaches:
- Neck splitting is a surgical procedure in which the fatty content of the neck is removed in the treatment of cancer. Cancer cells often migrate to the lymph nodes in the neck. The Neck Dissection procedure was performed to prevent these cells from migrating.
- Oral regeneration and reconstruction are done to treat cancer that grows inside the mouth. This is known as oropharynx cancer. The procedure uses a cut to remove a tumour from within the lining of the oral cavity.
Glossectomy, a procedure that involves the removal of part or all of the tongue surgically, is commonly used to treat cancer of the tongue.