Cancer that takes place in the breast cells is called breast cancer. When mutations regulate the growth of breast cells and let those divide and multiply uncontrollably, cancer occurs. Cancer typically develops in lobules, ducts, fatty tissues, or the fibrous connective tissues of your breast. The uncontrollable cells may invade other healthy tissues of your breast. It can travel to the lymph nodes also, that stay under your arms.
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer in women may vary on the type and stage, says Dr. Soumen Das, a renowned breast cancer surgeon in Kolkata.
The symptoms may include:
- A breast lump that has recently developed
- Tissue thickening on breast, and it feels different than the other surrounded tissues
- Pain in the breast
- Redness and pitted skin can be observed on your breast
- Swelling of the breast (either a part of the breast or the entire breast)
- Unusual discharge from the nipple and that is not milk
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Scaling, flaking, or peeling of skin on your breast or nipple
- Change of breast shape that is unexplained
- Inverted nipple
- Swelling or lump under your arm
If you notice these symptoms, kindly do not ignore them and make an appointment with the best breast cancer doctor in Kolkata.
The types of breast cancers are divided into two categories:
- Invasive: When cancer spreads from ducts or glands to other parts of your breast, it falls under invasive cancer.
- Noninvasive or in situ: In this case, cancer does not spread and remains confined to the original tissue.
Some common types of breast cancer:
- DCIS or Ductal carcinoma in situ: This noninvasive cancer takes place in the ducts of your breast and does not affect the surrounded tissues.
- LCIS or lobular carcinoma in situ: It infects your lobular gland that produces milk. It remains confined to the particular gland and does not affect other tissues.
- IDC or Invasive ductal carcinoma: This one is the most common type of breast cancer. It begins in the duct of your breast and spreads in the nearby tissues; after that, IDC affects nearby organs also.
- ILC or Invasive lobular carcinoma: This type of cancer develops in the lobules and spreads in the nearby tissues.
- Inflammatory breast cancer: In this condition, cancer cells block the lymph nodes that are situated near your breasts. As a result, the lymph vessels lose the capacity of draining properly. This type of breast cancer progress aggressively and quickly.
- Metastatic breast cancer: This is the advanced or 4th stage of breast cancer. In this condition, cancer spreads from your breasts and attacks other parts of your body like bones, liver, or lungs.
Types of not so common breast cancer:
- Triple-negative breast cancer: In this case, the tumor lacks estrogen receptors and progesterone receptors. No HER2 proteins remain on the surface of the breast.
- Paget disease of the nipple: Cancer affects not only the ducts of the nipple but also the skin and areola of your nipple.
- Phyllodes tumor: The type of breast cancer is rare and begins in the connective tissues of your breast.
- Angiosarcoma: It grows on the lymph vessels or blood vessels of your breast.
If you face any issue regarding your breast that you do not have an explanation about, visit the best breast cancer doctor in Kolkata and get treated.
Leave A Comment