What is the gallbladder?
The gallbladder is the pear-shaped organ of our body that is small in size and is situated just beneath our liver, on the right side of our abdomen. Our liver produces a fluid that helps us digest food items. This fluid is called bile. Bile is stored in our gallbladder.
About gallbladder cancer:
Gallbladder cancer is a rare type of cancer. If gallbladder cancer is diagnosed in an early stage, then you have better chances to get cured. But if cancer gets detected in an advanced stage, then the chance of getting cured decreases, says Dr. Soumen Das, the best gallbladder cancer surgeon in Kolkata. In most cases, gall bladder cancer does not show any symptoms during the initial stage; that is why it becomes necessary to consult a doctor as soon as you face any of the symptoms mentioned below. Gallbladder cancer has a hidden nature, and it may keep growing without even being detected. So, never neglect any type of stomach pain or discomfort in the abdomen area, and get yourself checked now.
Symptoms of gallbladder cancer:
- You may suffer from abdominal pain that takes place in the upper right part of your abdomen.
- You may feel bloated or full without a cause.
- You may lose weight drastically without even trying for it.
- Jaundice is also a symptom of gallbladder cancer. Your skin and the white portion of your eyes will look yellow when you have jaundice.
All these symptoms are very common, but none of these should be ignored or neglected. If you find this type of symptom, do not wait and visit the best gallbladder cancer doctor in Kolkata named Dr. Soumen Das.
There are a few factors that contribute to the increased risk of gallbladder cancer. Those are as follows-
- Your gender: Women are more prone to gallbladder cancer than men.
- Your age: The risk of gallbladder cancer increases with age.
- Gallstones: The risk of gallbladder cancer is more in people who either have gallstones or had gallstones once. The larger the gallstones are, the more risk you have. Though gall bladder stones are very common nowadays, gallbladder cancer is rare.
- Bile ducts inflammation: The presence of inflammation in your ducts drains out bile from your gallbladder and liver. This condition is known as primary sclerosing cholangitis. This disease increases your risk of gallbladder cancer.
- Other conditions related to gallbladder: Conditions like polyps, infection, and chronic inflammation in the gallbladder increase the risk of gallbladder cancer, says the Specialist surgeon for cancer treatment in Kolkata.
So, if you have any of these risk factors, get yourself checked right now. Visit Dr. Soumen Das and get the best possible treatment.